Digital signage is the remote-controlled distribution and playback of digital content. Forms of Digital Signage.
- Static – i.e a light box, which continually displays one lighted image. Basic digital player, capable of playing or displaying a series of still images—essentially, an automated series of static posters, displayed in a sequence determined by a playlist.
- Dynamic – They offer animated Ads. These spots range from simple to complex—from a Flash-based animation to simple video to professional 10- or 30-second spots.
- Interactive – Incorporate some level of interactive into the design—letting customers embed a snippet of Flash code.
- Queuing –Queuing systems keep any customer line moving quickly. Increasingly, you will find them in airports, banks, urban supermarkets, etc. Queuing digital signage efficiently directs your customers to the next available teller, checker or service rep. Such systems can be simple or complex, and some offer advertising when not directing customers.
- Room booking System – Placed at the front of the rooms for the purpose of displaying room information along with other cooperate communication.
Features of Digital Signage
Digital Screens installed at public places, corporate offices, hospitals, restaurants and other facilities include big billboards to small monitors. They show information, advertising, brand promotion, alerts and other messages. Remote controlled distribution and playback of digital information and messages. Content is centrally managed from one location.
- Product promotion and incite purchase with targeted message
- Inform & Educate with better mechanism
- Engage or entertain during the waiting period
- It isn’t a TV. It’s active communication then passive. Disseminate information at right time and at right place – provides a custom channel for internal/external communication.
- Reduce cost of printing & distribution
Digital Signage System Designer Software
The Digital Signage system consists of the following;
- Designer software – It’s your comprehensive design platform complete with Widgets, Scenes and various tools. It also has a dashboard that enables you to schedule and manage the live content. It comes in various user profiles like one user be the publisher who has limited access to other design options.
- In-Built Tools & Widgets – Feel free to use image or audio/video, animated text, weather, clock, crawler and other in-built tools and widgets.
- Supported File Formats
- Windows Audio/Video files i.e. WMV, wav, avi etc.
- Quicktime Movie files i.e. Mov, mp4
- Flash Files
- Web pages
- Text Crawler & RSS Ticker
- TV Feed
- Business Reports in form of charts, gauges and tables
- Excel files
- PDF Files
- Dynamic Scenes – Combine text, graphics, sound and video into a scene.
- Animated Static/Dynamic Texts – with custom formatting
- Full Transparency – Tools and widgets support full transparency.
- Templates/Layouts – Split the screen layout into multiple layers/zones and schedule multiple scenes in each layer.
- Features of the Designer Software
- In-Built Preview – Preview the scene before you publish.
- Multiple Distribution Option
- FTP using broadband connection
- USB Key
- Screens/Sites Grouping – Create hierarchical location structure and group the screens. Publish the playlist to one to many locations in one go.
- Time Based Playlists – Create playlists to be targeted at specific time of the day.
- Trigger Playlists – Change content from an RS232 trigger from an external device or using a keyboard keystroke.
- Player Reporting – Generate proof of play or other system reports.
- Player Heartbeat & Monitoring – Check the status of the player and take a remote control for maintenance.
- White Labelling – Brand the Designer
Features of the Player Software
- Reliable – Stable and reliable content playback 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Heartbeat & Logs – Player communicates with the Designer for health status and logs all the activity at specified interval.
- Remote Management – Player can be remotely monitored and controlled i.e. remote view, stop player, restart player.
- Multiple Distribution Option
- Screen On/Off – Player can turn on/off the screen using RS232 protocols.
- Control Updates – Player can request updates at specific interval. Player will download only changed or new content.